- Wake up around the same time everyday; doing this will help your body adjust for the amount of sleep you need.
- Avoid activities that require concentration while you are in your bedroom. Working on your laptop in bed gets your brain up and running, and you may have a harder time falling asleep. Even a TV in the bedroom might be a bad idea.
- Don’t have any caffeine for a few hours before bedtime (For some people avoiding alcohol at night may also help)
- Don’t exercise too close to bedtime
- Don’t go to bed on an empty stomach
National Geographic Article