Pageviews last month

Friday, February 11, 2011

MECKLENBURG COUNTY EMS AGENCY - MEDIC



Look familiar?  Perhaps brings memories from a popular TV show that you have watched.  Yes you are right.  This photo is from the set of "Friends".  It is now sitting in Charlotte NC at the MEDIC facility on Statesville Road.

Mecklenburg County EMS Agency or MEDIC as it is know by the public in Charlotte is one of the finest EMS agencies in the country. 

MEDIC has a state of the art training facility complete with sets...just like in the movies.  Yes, this facility has a living room, a kitchen, a doctors office room and a bedroom....all set up to simulate what the paramedics may walk into on any given day.  If that is not enough, they have an ambulance simulator where the paramedics can be in the back of an ambulance in a training facility, it is on hydraulics and moves like they are traveling down the road (complete with bumps and stops).  The paramedics have to treat a simulation dummy in the back of this truck.  They also treat dummies to various scenarios in the mock rooms set up. 

Once the scenario is over, MEDIC employees get a chance to review this scenario and learn what they did right and what they could improve on.  This safe way to train has simulated dummies so real that the eyes can open, they can talk and they respond appropriate to medical treatment and can be assessed just like a person. 

So if you find yourself having a medical emergency you can rest easy knowing that the paramedics and staff at MEDIC are some of the BEST IN THE COUNTRY. 

Stay tuned for more about MEDIC and others who keep our communities safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Grew up in Charlotte and have seen alot of change over the years. I am blessed to be married to my husband Todd and we have two beautiful children, Hayden who is in Collge and John Robert who is in 5th grade. We have a rescued dog named Riccardo that we love! I enjoy traveling, playing cards with my husband, VEGAS, the beach, singing and volunteering at my church. I am blessed to work with my father who is my real estate assistant. He is an amazing man and shares his wisdom and humor every day. I owe my work ethic to the positive role models my parents played in my life. I believe in honesty, integrity, perseverance and having fun!

Real Estate Tips & Information

ShareThis